How to avoid flatulence (Farting)
You can fart without you knowing it, it's about the extent to which you are aware of it, said Jan Gunnar Hatlebakk, professor Doctor of Medicine the Norwegian Center service for functional gastrointestinal bowel diseases.
You can for example have a positive effect of a walk to work and deflating without thinking about it, according to the professor.
Farting more in the morning
For there is a good reason why you have to fart especially much in the morning:
- It has to do with day cycle of the stomach / intestinal tract. When filling up with breakfast in the morning, move the contents of the intestine itself one floor further down, when food goes first to the stomach into the small intestine, then the colon and then out. In the process moves large pockets of air out, explains Hatlebakk.
And it's about after one quarter or half an hour after breakfast that bowel contents begin to move, and then comes the air.
Meanwhile, Trygve Hausken, physician and professor at Gastroenheten, Clinical Institute 1 at the University of Bergen, tell that it is fairly common to have to fart in the afternoon also:
- Man farting the more after consumption of such raw onions, beans and cabbage, and then the air comes gladly soon after a dinner, says Hausken.
More accepted that men fart?
For various reasons, there are some who may argue that it is more acceptable for men farting than women do. And thus it is also a difference between men and women, and more women than men suffer from flatulence, according Hatlebakk:
- This may be because women may be more well-behaved. So it's a lot about the social, but physical activity also plays in. You work for example outdoors, it is completely unproblematic deflating, while if you work in an office, hold the air, says the professor.
- Another explanation model is that it may be that young women from puberty onwards experiencing more flatulence because of female sex hormones associated with menstruation , he continued.
According Hausken men have a different diet than women, eat more and probably have more intestinal gas, but that he has seen case studies on this.
- And when it comes to being fearless to drop a fart, are enough men more fearless than women, he said.
Hausken think that the psyche and the environment is important if you are struggling with respiratory ailments in the stomach .
- It is important to emit gas for not getting pains. Many hold the gas inside not want it to be heard or smelled. This is different from person to person, says superior.
Some farting more than others
That someone farting more than others even though they eat nogenlunde same food, have several things to do, think Hatlebakk.
- Some are good at getting out flatulence in small portions during the day, while others collect it up, and the latter is not recommended.
The second is about gut flora, bacteria in the gut. Dieters determines consequently much how much air is being formed, and it is known that cabbage, onions and peas are high in carbohydrates that turn into gas, he said.
Hausken emphasizes that intestinal gas is normal.
- Flatulence comes from air swallowing, from transport through the intestinal wall, from blood, and from intestinal bacteria. Intestinal bacteria eat the food we eat.
However, there may be different ways the body transports gas. It is peristalsis (rhythmic contractions of the muscle layers of the digestive tract and other hollow-shaped organ, journ.anm.) Transporting the gas and this may be different, he says.
Can be volvulus
If you are healthy, it is not harmful to keep indoor air, this may, however, be very uncomfortable.
- You should be happy for gas you have. When not emit air may even be due to volvulus, says Hausken .
According to Norwegian Health informatics is volvulus is a condition where the intestine rotates about itself in the same way as if turning a garden hose. The result is that the bowel is clamped off so that intestinal contents can not pass - which triggers severe abdominal pain.
Hausken says that during a day pass around 30 liters of intestinal gas through the intestines, but that only 200-400 milliliter exits.
- Most passes back and forth between blood and intestinal lumen - gut inside, bowel room, as part of normal digestion. Intestinal gas is composed of building blocks that the body needs, says superior on.
Certain types of intestinal gas smells worse than others. And there is a simple reason:
- Food containing sulfur creates more malodorous air, says Hatlebakk.
- Sulfur containing gases such as H2S, is affected by food and disease, said Hausken on.
And you will avoid deflating that smells bad, has superior a good tip:
- The best advice is to avoid heavily digestible carbohydrates , FODMAP-reduced foods, says Hausken.
This food reduces flatulence
To avoid flatulence, the following foods may want to eat most of:
Fruits: Bananas, blueberries, grapes, kiwi, citrus fruits, raspberries, strawberries.Vegetables: carrot, green salads, spinach, olives, potatoes.Cereals: Rice, oats, polenta, corn.Dairy: Lactose milk, oats, brie, camembert, dairy yogurt, sherbet.Sweet: Sugar, glucose syrup (small amounts), sweeteners that do not end in ol.(Source: NHI.no ).
(Source : Klikk.no)