It's spring, and most are looking forward to brighter times and warmer weather. But for many children, the season is also synonymous with stuffy nose, headache, swollen and itchy eyes, rashes and wheezing.
In other words, it is allergitid again.
- Many of those who react to birch, which in addition to grass is the most common seasonal allergies, also reacts alder and hazel that release pollen early, roughly from the beginning of March.
Some birch allergy also react to Salix, which is pollen from willow, willow and willow, this happens in April and May.
There is a high degree of cross allergy against various grasses, so those who are allergic will react to many types of grasses, explains Øymar on.
This can help children
- The more other allergies your child has, such as early food allergy , the former can also be seasonal allergy start.Some kindergarten children have received pollen, but this is significantly more common in school age, according to superior.
For that allergy children to drop the worst plagues in the spring and summer, it is important that both parents and staff in kindergartens and schools helps them to facilitate the best possible way in everyday life.
- The practical advice is to avoid too much exposure to pollen, but we want to avoid restricting children's unfolding out if it is not needed. But kindergartens and schools must take into account the days with much pollen so that the children may have to be much out the days and obviously aggravates symptoms. Some children with significant allergies are generally relax and indisposed and may perform worse, the school should pay attention to.Older children have rights that give them more time on the exam during the pollen season, tells Øymar.
Inger Rudner, adviser at Asthma and Allergy Association, tipping primarily about trying to bring as little as possible in pollen.
This could be done by one is careful to hang down outerwear in time and have good avskrapningsrister entrances and drying mats inside. When children enter one can remove pollen by washing face and hands so as to diminish the direct contact on inside, says Rudner.
These children are most at risk
- According to figures from GA2LEN, Global Allergy and Asthma European Network, the prevalence of pollen allergy among younger schoolchildren of 10-20 percent and 15-30 percent among teens, says Rudner.
Moreover tells the counselor that pollen allergy occurs most often between the ages of 5-40 years, and the condition is most common among older children, teens and young adults. There are no records of allergies, but it is estimated that nearly a million Norwegians have pollen.
An increased incidence of allergies
Rudner says that construction of asthma, atopic dermatitis and hay fever are closely related.Therefore, children who have facility for asthma and atopic eczema, have a greater chance of also being allergic to pollen.
- Season Allergy is a common symptom in children who have other allergies, and it will call atopic disease. Many have had eczema and / or food allergy from the first year of life, and then pollen come from 2.-3. year of life or later, says Øymar.
Superior says while some "mild" allergy have only seasonal allergies, it may well start somewhat later than in children who also have other allergies.
- How allergy that this is a reaction in the immune system that reacts "wrong" and inappropriate for foreign protein such as pollen, he said.
According to Rudner ruler is a broad international consensus that allergy prevalence has increased in recent decades.
A lot suggests that lifestyle factors such as changes in diet and environment around us, as unhealthy indoor air quality and pollution out, can be significant. In addition, reduced microbial stimulation and changes in the bacterial flora that surrounds us, she says.
10 helpful tips/remedies for Pollen Allergy.
Before the child is going to bed, it may be advisable to rinse hair and change pillowcases
Good and regular cleaning is important when pollen particles collect and adheres to surfaces and fabrics.
Avoid ventilation of the house and the nursery when pollen emission is greatest, from morning until the afternoon.
Let flowers, "weeping willows" and birch few stand out as they may exacerbate the indoor environment for those who are allergic.
Replace filters in ventilation systems before and after the pollen season.
Take a holiday from pollen dispersion / tokens symptoms - high in the mountains, along the coast, abroad.
On the days with most proliferation may want to stay inside to minimize exposure.
There are at least spread the evening and then a better time for a trip out.
On polling notification can get updated information about what kind of diversification is expected.
Some children know easier symptoms like itchy eyes and runny nose, while others may experience more powerful symptoms and experience and become tired and lose concentration..